Many people believe that a vacuum cleaner is just a vacuum cleaner. In reality, it is very important when shopping for a vacuum cleaner, that you consider many features before making a decision on which vacuum cleaner is best for you. Your home is as unique as you are. You may have carpeted floors in one room, wood floors or laminate in another, and even others with tile or concrete floors. In addition to different flooring types, you have to consider your furnishings, window treatments, how many people are in your house hold, and whether you have pets just to name a few circumstances that make your household and vacuum cleaner needs unique from everyone else. For this reason, we really can’t say there is one vacuum cleaner out there that is just better than all the rest. Instead, we have decided to feature 3 of the top vacuum cleaners for 2015, all of which have different features for different needs.
Some of the features that we have considered to determine our top 5 vacuum cleaners for 2015 are:
- Versatility: How well does the vacuum cleaner preform on multiple flooring surfaces? Most homes have more than one flooring surface such as carpet, laminate, hardwood, and tile floors. Beyond that, there may even been considerable differences between similar flooring types such as plush carpet, berber, shag, etc. When considering a vacuum cleaner, it is important to choose one that will properly clean every flooring type in your home.
- Cleaning Power: While many tend to only focus on the vacuum cleaner’s suction power, there is a lot more one should consider when deciding how well this machine will clean their home. How long will the vacuum cleaner maintain its initial suction power, does it have a roller brush, how clean is the air expelled from the vacuum? These questions and more are important to ask yourself when you are doing your research on what vacuum cleaner is best for your home.
- Maneuverability: Many times we find vacuum cleaners that have everything that we are looking for in terms of power and versatility, but largely lacking in maneuverability. One should determine whether the vacuum cleaner they are considering for 2015 is light enough for them to use without becoming fatigued, can they easily maneuver the vacuum cleaner under and around the furniture in their home such as beds, tables and chairs. Choosing the right vacuum cleaner can ensure the best use of all the other features it has to offer.
- Corded/Cordless: Many of the best vacuum cleaner options available in 2015 come in corded or cordless variations. Additionally, other vacuum cleaners are only available as cordless machines while others may be exclusively corded. If you decide a corded vacuum cleaner best meets your unique household needs, you will want to ensure the model you choose has a cord with adequate length to ensure stopping too often to move the plug is not an issue. Likewise, if you choose a cordless model, make sure the vacuum cleaner has sufficient battery life and quick charging time to get the whole job done at once.
- Storage: Your storage space may be as unique as the rest of your home. Many people have an entire storage room, others, a cleaning closet, and yet others with little to no separate storage space for a vacuum cleaner. This is a very important, yet often overlooked feature to the vacuum you choose. Those with more space may wish to consider a larger, more powerful unit, or even more than one vacuum cleaner specially designed for just one flooring type each. Meanwhile, those with less space may consider a more compact and versatile model.
- Bags or Bagless: Some vacuum cleaners require the use of proprietary bags. These vacuums may offer advantages over their bagless counterparts, but the downside is that you can only use them if you have the right bags. Over the life of ownership of a vacuum cleaner of this type, you may spend hundreds of additional dollars on vacuum cleaner bags. Furthermore, if the bags your vacuum cleaner requires ever go out of production or are no longer carried in stores, this could make it difficult or impossible to continue using this machine.
- Automated: The last several years have seen huge advancements in the world of automated or robot vacuum cleaners. 2015 actually features the best automated vacuum cleaner options ever offered by far. While these options can certainly be pricey, they more than make up for it in conveniences. Automated vacuum cleaners will roam about your home cleaning for you while you are away. Today’s automated vacuum cleaners are light weight, compact, powerful, and feature great battery life. Aside from typically being one of the most expensive vacuum cleaner options, they also lack certain key features which may require you to buy a second vacuum cleaner to make up for what they lack in such as stairs, upholstery, and window treatment cleaning.
Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner 2015:
They Dyson V6 Absolute, new in 2015, features a new, powerful and light weight digital motor allowing the cordless vacuum cleaner to offer strength, and maneuverability without compromise. The Dyson V6 Absolute includes two Dyson-engineered cleaner heads so it is also versatile with its ability to clean various flooring types such as carpet an hardwood floors. This vacuum cleaner is great for pet owners with its roller brush making pet hair clean up a breeze. Dyson’s new V6 Absolute also offers its patented no loss of suction cyclone technology, HEPA filtration, a completely reinvented cleaner head for picking up larger debris while still effectively removing dust, dirt, and smaller debris on solid surfaces, and its powerful motorhead which removes dirt from deep down in carpet. This versatile vacuum cleaner also expels the cleanest air of any cordless vacuum cleaner with its highly efficient post-motor filtration, extremely important for breathing healthy air as well as the convenience of not having to go back through to dust right after you vacuum. With its attachements, docking station, and light weight, the Dyson V6 Absolute is our Top Cordless Vacuum Cleaner of 2o15.
Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner 2015:
Also new in 2015, the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away is our top bagless vacuum cleaner for 2015. This vacuum cleaner offers multiple configurations in just one unit making it by far the most versatile corded bagless vacuum cleaner on the market. In addition to its versatility, the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away also features a powerful motor, no loss of suction, and a powerhead function giving any surface in your home the best clean imaginable. It also utilizes Shark’s Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology keeping the air in your home clean and free of dust while trapping even the smallest particles away and out of your home. The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away can transform from an upright to a canister vacuum cleaner and includes several attachments for cleaning nearly every surface imaginable up high or down low. All these features make it virtually impossible to find a room in your home that this vacuum cleaner wont clean which is why it is our Top Bagless Vacuum Cleaner for 2015
Best Automated Vacuum Cleaner 2015:
The fasted changing segment of the quality vacuum cleaner market is the automated vacuum cleaner. While long standing brands such as iRobot continue to make giant leaps in automated vacuum cleaning technology, newcomers to this segment are doing their best to fulfill some key features long neglected in this segment. The Neato Botvac 85, our top automated vacuum cleaner for 2015 fills these needs beautifully, and offers an experience that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without. The Neato Botvac 85 comes with a combo brush and a blade brush making it the most versatile for handling nearly every flooring type and picks up more pet hair than any of its competitors. This robotic vacuum cleaner also includes 3 filters and comes with boundary markers for its patented one of a kind laser guided maneuvering. Unlike the iRobot which feels around for obstacles and pitfalls bumping into furniture and walls, the Neato Botvac 85 scans the room and plans out the most efficient path, avoiding walls and furniture all together. The vacuum cleaner can be set on a daily schedule and goes to work at its scheduled time whether you’re there or not, and when its all done, the Botvac will retreat to its charging dock to prepare for the next day.
We hope this article has helped you to decide which vacuum cleaner will work best for your unique needs in 2015. While we have listed only 3 vacuum cleaners as our favorites, keep in mind, another vacuum may work better for your home given the unique nature of each home and every family. We have reviewed several more vacuums that easily deserve consideration by buyers with different needs, including slight variations of the actual models we chose for this article. For example the Botvac 85 has several, more affordable little siblings which may be more than adequate depending on whether or not you have a pet, the size of your home, and types of flooring. We encourage our readers not to run out and buy the exact vacuum cleaners that we chose as best for 2015, but to use the information we have provided to decide on a vacuum that best fits their needs. If you have recommendations for this or other articles, or an article of your own you would like to share, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. This website features several articles that may interest you, including related articles such as “Three Allergy Hotspots in your Home“.